SCIENCE DEMO MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (MCQ’S)
1.5 MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS : (MCQ’s)
1. 10g of hydrogen is burnt in the presence of excess oxygen. The mass of water formed is
2. Reddish – brown copper metal forms a black solid on combustion. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
3. The electrolytic decomposition of water gives H2 and O2 in the ratio of
4. Which of the following gases can be used for storage of fresh sample of oil for a long time?
5. Both CO2 and H2 gases are
6. Chemically rust is
7.Which of the following reaction is used in the whitewashing of walls?
8. When crystals of lead nitrate are heated strongly in a dry test tube
9. When carbon dioxide is passed through lime water,
10. On immersing an iron nail in CuSO4 solution for few minutes, you will observe
11. The reaction in which two compounds exchange their ions to form two new compounds is called
12. In the reaction CuO + H2 → Cu + H2O, the correct statement is
13. Which of the following is not an example of a single displacement reaction?
14. Rancidity can be prevented by
15. In which of the following , heat energy will be evolved
16. ____ ores are thermally decomposed to give metal oxide which on reduction give metal.
17.Rancidity can be prevented by adding ____ to foods containing fat and oil.
18. The process in which taste and smell of food containing oils or fats gets spoiled is called ____.
19. The colour of ferrous sulphate is pale ____ .
20. Barium chloride reacts with aluminium sulphate to give aluminium chloride and a precipitate of ____ .
21. The reaction in which two compounds exchange their icons and the product formed is insoluble in water is called ____ reaction .
22. 2Cu(s) + O2(g) → ____ .
23. ____ is used as reducing agent to obtain manganese from Manganese dioxide .
24. In black and white photography ____ gets decomposed due to light and forms Silver metal and Bromine gas.
25. The reaction representing a chemical change is called a ____ reaction.
26. The reaction in which more reactive metal displaces the less reactive metal is called ____ reaction .
27. ____ is a reaction in which energy is required to form glucose from Carbon dioxide and water.
28. The black coating of copper oxide can be removed chemically by passing ____ gas over heated copper oxide.
29. The reaction in which oxygen is added / hydrogen is removed is called ____ reaction.
30. AgNO3 (aq) + NaCl(aq) → AgCl(s) + ____ .
31. 2FeSO4(s) → Fe2O4(s) + SO4(g) + _____.
32. 2AgBr → _____. This reaction is used in photography.
33. Cu(s) +2AgNO3 (aq) → Cu(NO3)2 (aq) + _____.