GEOGRAPHY MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (MCQ’S)
1.4 MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS : (MCQ’S)
1. Which of the following types of soils is useful for growing tea and coffee in the hilly areas of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu ?
2. Which of the following types of resources is tidal energy?
d) Non- recyclable
3. What is the main type of soil found in the deltas of the Eastern coast?
4. In which of the following states is the net sown area over 80% of the total area of the land?
a) Maharashtra and Goa
b) Kerala and Goa
c) Punjab and Haryana
d) Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh
5. In which of the following states is terrace cultivation practiced?
a) Plains of Uttar Pradesh
b) Jammu and Kashmir
6. Which of the following states is the net sown area over 80% of the total area of the land?
b) Over Grazing
c) Dry land
d) Steep slopes
7. In which of the following states is black soil found?
8. Iron- ore is an example of _____________ type of resource.
9. Which one of the following is a non-renewable resource?
b) Thermal electricity
10. In which of the following states is the net sown area than 10% of the total area of the land?
d) Andhra Pradesh
11. The main crop grown in black soil is __________ .
12. In which of the following states has over-grazing led to land degradation?
a) West Bengal
13. Which one of the following is a renewable resource?
b) Mineral oil
14. An important characteristics of resource is ____________ .
15. Pasture is a _____________ .
a) Land owned by all countries of the world
b) Land covered with mud
c) Land covered with natural grasses
d) Land using for growing rice
16. Gully erosion make soil __________ .
a) Unfit for cultivation
b) Very good for cultivation
c) Fit for cultivation
d) Very rich
17. The most important role in the formation of soil is played by ___________ .
18. Which one of the following states has laterite soil?
d) Uttar Pradesh
19. Which of the following is the biotic resource?
c) Fossil fuels
20. Which one of the following is an example of a non-renewable resource?
d) Forests .
4. Punjab and Haryana
5. Jammu and Kashmir
9. Thermal Electricity
15. Land covered with natural gasses
16. Unfit for cultivation
20. Minerals .